Business Support Analyst
We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Support Analyst to provide technical support to our clients and advisers. Someone who enjoys a challenge and is happy to show a human side to the world of technology. We are a super friendly bunch at Saltus, and being personable is a must regardless of your role. You will be responsible for directing client requests to either the training or technology team, to resolve bugs and highlight features that will be most valuable to our internal and external clients. This role offers a great opportunity to work with many departments, where you will see a variation of the Saltus tribe, in full effect! The ideal candidate must have top notch communication skills and be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a timely and efficient manner.
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to find fulfilment and meaning in the work that they do.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with a number of offices in the South of England including London, Whiteley and Farnham. We are incredibly proud of our culture and work really hard to ensure that Saltus is a great place to work for our people, where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is a privately owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has now developed the financial planning side of the offering, putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £3 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
Role and responsibilities
The role will report to the Learning and Development (L&D) Manager, and the key areas of the role are as follows:
- Supporting internal and external clients with our in-house technology
- Liaising with the L&D team and the technology team to resolve bugs
- Monitor and maintain system availability and performance to ensure optimal user experience
- Identify and resolve technical issues reported by clients or advisers
- Analyse user behaviour and feedback to identify opportunities to improve application functionality
- Highlight features that will be most valuable to our clients or advisers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize feature development and bug fixes
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external use
- Provide training to our internal and external clients on new features and functionality
- Escalate critical issues to senior management as needed
- Experience in application support or technical support
- Desire to learn and continue to develop their technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with departments across the business as well as clients
- Being comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Being a good team player and offering to help the team where you can
- Positive can-do attitude
- Be organised and able to manage a busy workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and practices
- Experience within the financial services industry
- Educated to degree level
Where will I be working?
We’re incredibly flexible about where, when and how you work: we don’t want anyone to be prevented from coming to work for Saltus as a result of the working pattern that they’re looking for. You would be based from one of our offices, which is most convenient for you, for at least two days each week, working the remainder of the week from home. We are passionate about championing flexible working for our people, so if there’s a slightly different working pattern that you’re looking for, then please come and have a chat to us about it!
What benefits do I get when working for Saltus?
The salary range is £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on your experience, alongside 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), life assurance, income protection and a pension, alongside access to our flexible benefits platform. Just as importantly, you’ll get to experience our culture, which we really do live and breathe ensuring that Saltus is a fantastic place to work for every single one of our 200 people. We work hard, but we have an awful lot of fun along the way. If you think you’d like to come and join us, then please do get in touch… we’d love to hear from you!
...please send your CV to [email protected]