Business Analyst M&A Integrations
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to derive fulfilment and meaning from their work.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in London, St Albans, Farnham, Whiteley and Bournemouth. We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has developed the financial planning side of the offering over the past 7 years, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £2 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
Saltus is seeking a candidate to work alongside the Senior Management Team from day one to assist with the continued digital transformation of the business with an underlying aim to double the firm’s revenues over the next 3-5 years.
In addition, the individual is expected to be heavily involved in the origination, execution and in particular integration of future M&A deals as the firm seeks to take advantage of unprecedented consolidation in the wealth management industry.
The candidate will be working across all functions of the business from outset. The role is suitable for those seeking broad and varied exposure to the operations of a wealth management business whilst also gaining experience of M&A.
Saltus has adopted a hybrid flexible working pattern, with a blend of home based remote and office-based working. The successful candidate will need to work from the Whiteley office (Solent Business Park), but there is flexibility on this location.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Applying business knowledge to the project environment including close collaboration with other teams
- Provide conceptual solutions to often complicated business problems and make recommendations for preferred solutions
- Understanding and defining existing and proposed states of all internal and external journeys to improve business processes
- Work with and maintain CRM systems to improve efficiency across the firm
- Use of quantitative skills to analyse large, complex data sets to support other departments’ initiatives
- Actively seeking ways of improving quality and efficiencies in procedures
- Support with the acquisition and integration of acquired firms
The successful individual will report to the Head of M&A Integration.
Attributes the successful candidate should possess
- New graduate or 1-2 years in Financial Services or Management Consultancy
- Educated to a minimum degree level (minimum 2:1, preferably STEM background) from a leading university
- An excellent communicator who is also down to earth and can work well in a team
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- A ‘growth mindset’, i.e. an appetite for testing yourself and using past mistakes as a springboard to keep improving
- A technology native who has applied experience with Microsoft Excel but who is comfortable applying that knowledge to other systems. Some evidence of coding will be advantageous
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines, often autonomously
- The ability to influence business stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- The ability to form successful professional relationships both internally and externally
£25,000 – £30,000 – depending upon experience and knowledge, generous holiday allowance and benefits (pension, Income protection, death in service and benefits platform). Relevant exam support and PMI, after the successful completion of a probationary period.
...please send your CV to [email protected]