Business Development Executive
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to derive fulfilment and meaning from their work.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with five offices in London, Bushey, Farnham, Whiteley and Bournemouth. We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment management firm and has developed the financial planning side of the offering, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today, Saltus manages and advises on over £2.3 billion of client assets.
We are recruiting an ambitious and high calibre Business Development Executive to be attached to our London office, whilst having the benefit of a hybrid working environment. You will be able to demonstrate a background of engaging with High Net Worth (HNW) individuals around financial planning and investment management needs.
The role will report to the Head of Business Development and the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Make outbound sales calls to leads that have been generated via our marketing channels.
- Nurture leads overtime to build their confidence in the Saltus offering up to the point of engagement.
- Deliver campaigns to re-engage potential leads in our ‘Warm’ prospect base.
- Re-engage leads that have ‘gone cold’ part-way through the adviser sales process.
- Re-engage leads that were previously ‘Lost’ due to concerns over timing.
- Work closely with our adviser team to help nurture prospects through to close.
- Support the senior Business Development Managers with effective sales campaigns.
- Work closely with our marketing team and digital agency to help improve lead quality.
- Upload and anaylse prospect data when required.
- Work to improve your financial planning knowledge over time as well as develop an in-depth understanding of the Saltus offering and our USPs.
- Focus on an area you are passionate about to generate lead flow if desired – content production, webinars, email sales campaigns, or anything else of your choosing.
The successful candidate will be confident in dealing with HNW clients in a sophisticated and thoughtful way, whilst thriving in a sales driven environment. The role may suit a junior sales person looking to build a long term career in financial services and that is keen to hone and develop their skills.
- Find the concept of outbound call campaigns exciting and comfortable.
- Demonstrate an ability to be creative and considered in their approach to focus on long-term revenue generation for the business rather than short-term success.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of tele sales experience.
- Have a degree level education with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Have strong skills in using a CRM to aid their sales approach. Microsoft Dynamics or Curo experience is helpful but not required.
- Be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Be organised and able to prioritise and manage workload.
- Be a team player.
- Value attention to detail.
- Take a critical approach and always look to learn and improve.
- Contribute to a fun environment in the workplace and the wider Saltus culture.
Salary depending upon experience + uncapped bonus based on revenue generated, generous holiday allowance and benefits (private medical, pension, income protection, death in service and flexible benefits platform). Industry leading sales programme provided. Relevant exam support after the successful completion of a probationary period.
...please send your CV to [email protected]