Client Services Team Leader (Maternity Cover)
We are a private wealth management company, providing investment management services and financial planning solutions to private clients.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in London, St Albans, Fareham, Farnham and Bournemouth.
We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus Partners is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. It is dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2005 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has developed the financial planning side of the offering over the past 6 years, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
With strong investment performance and significant recent investments in building a team of financial planners, in addition to a well invested platform and IT capabilities, the business now wishes to invest further in strategic and also has the aspiration of identifying and integrate several acquisitions over the coming years 12-24 months.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £2.4 billion of client assets.
Saltus is looking for a temporary Client Services Team Leader, who will report to the Head of Client Services. The position is to cover maternity leave of approximately 9 months.
The role will encompass:
- Have good understanding of each team member’s personal development journey
- Have highly motivated and energised team. Understand what motivates individuals and team. Encourage each person to own their own motivation, but also help remove any barriers when necessary
- Be an effective and motivational enabler, to give each team member the opportunity to be the best version of themselves
- Manage individual performance as part of your leadership routine
- Conduct and record team members performance reviews
- Maintain Skills Matrix for team, always striving to achieve 80% competency
- Maintain effective key performance indicators for your team, using this to drive performance and provide reporting
- Effective production management of flow of work through team
- Monitor work volumes and team capacity, planning ahead of time to minimise risks to service and morale
- Effectively manage risks within team, escalating when necessary
- Maintain effective operational controls, regularly reviewing for gaps
- 100% processes to be documented and regularly reviewed to ensure they are up to date
- Understand what industry regulations impact the team and achieve
- Encourage and maintain excellent team working relationship with interacting teams
- Enabling a Continuous Improvement Culture in the team
- Creating an environment where the customer service and experience is at the fore front of each person’s mind.
- Set and maintain a high standard in terms of customer service, using the Customer Service Charter as your guiding light.
- Achievement of tasks service level KPI = 95%
- Provide excellent service on the phones
- Effectively manage errors and complaints, they are learning opportunities
- Deliver an inspirational, energised and motivational style of leadership to your team
- Build and maintain internal effective working relationships (e.g. FP advisers)
- Contribute to other projects within the business, which may occur from time to time
Essential attributes the successful candidate should possess
- 5 years+ experience in a financial service’s operational environment
- Have relevant and extensive knowledge of Financial Planning – Client Services
- Have industry relevant knowledge of Investments, ISAs, Bonds, Pensions and Protection
- Have a good level of industry technical knowledge
- Be customer focused, but also commercially minded
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be happy to work in a busy and sometimes stressful environment, whilst maintaining a calm demeaner
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines
- Have a strong attention to detail, with a real focus on quality
- Ability to communicate with departments across the business, at all levels, as well as senior management and external partners
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Leadership and /or management experience would be beneficial
A generous remuneration package depending upon the candidate and experience. 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Group Life, Income Protection and Pension. Private Medical and Study assistance provided after probation, flexible benefits platform.
...please send your CV to [email protected]