Desktop Support Representative
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to derive fulfilment and meaning from their work.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in London, St Albans, Farnham, Whiteley, and Bournemouth. We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has developed the financial planning side of the offering over the past 7 years, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £2 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
This is a newly created position within Saltus Partners LLP, to join a growing business in its IT team. The desktop support representative will be responsible for providing IT application and infrastructure support, as well as developing business solutions that help bring about operational efficiencies and improvements to our technology capabilities. Day-to-day the role will largely involve working with internal users as well as working closely with our third-party IT suppliers.
The role will report to the IT Operations Manager and be based at our Whiteley Office, with a hybrid combination of office and home working. Travel to another office will be required from time to time.
- Working closely with the end user to solve their IT related support queries or requests, including filtering, distributing, and taking action to achieve a positive business outcome
- Provide application support across a range of technologies, including our CRM (MS Dynamics), document management system (M- Files), video conferencing (Zoom) and Office 356 applications
- Provide basic infrastructure and hardware support, such as setting up new office and end user devices (PCs, laptops, monitors, telephony)
- Liaising with third party IT suppliers to deliver solutions or resolve issues
- Purchasing and distributing IT equipment across the business
- Production of end user and support documentation
The successful candidate will be:
- Customer focused – able to put themselves into the end users’ shoes to understand their
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships
- Able to communicate clearly with end users from ticket assignment through to resolution
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change, especially in ambiguous situations.
- Well organised and able to manage a competing work volume
- Logically thinking – able to plan out the sequence of steps to understand and resolve a problem
- Driven to progress in their career and takes responsibility for their development
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Willing to travel between offices when required (Solent, Bournemouth, and London) on occasions (20% travel)
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- A strong demonstrable desire to build a career in IT
- At least a 2:1 university degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) subject
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving a process using technology solutions
- Evidence of providing customer support, either in a technical or non-technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft SharePoint
A remuneration package of between £22,000 – £24,000 depending upon knowledge and experience. Generous holiday allowance, plus bank holidays. Group Life, Income Protection and Pension. Private Medical and Study assistance provided after probation, flexible benefits platform.
...please send your CV to [email protected]