We are a private wealth management company, providing investment management services and financial planning solutions to private clients.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in London, St Albans, Fareham, Farnham and Bournemouth.
We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus Partners is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. It is dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2005 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has developed the financial planning side of the offering over the past 6 years, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
With strong investment performance and significant recent investments in building a team of financial planners, in addition to a well invested platform and IT capabilities, the business now wishes to invest further in strategic and also has the aspiration of identifying and integrate several acquisitions over the coming years 12-24 months.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £2.4 billion of client assets.
Saltus is seeking a candidate to work alongside our Head or Human Resources.
Human Resources is responsible for assisting, advising and the administration of staff related matters, both for existing, potentially new and past employees. The HR department is also responsible for overseeing the delivery of the saltus culture approach, staff reward and retention strategies, staff benefits, and learning and development departments.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Culture and engagement
- Role modelling and supporting the company culture
- Implementing activities to support, reinforce and measure the culture
- Identify, develop, and implement innovative people projects to improve employee engagement, organisational performance, and support business strategic goals.
- Promoting equity and inclusion at Saltus ensuring that we have a diverse team Responsible for employee wellbeing
- Overseeing the recruitment and onboarding processes of new employees
- Supporting management to promote good practice in the successful recruitment of new staff and managers
- Ensure fair selection
- Developing the Saltus employee value proposition
- Ensuring the administration relating to recruitment is managed effectively. E.g. references, contracts
- Working alongside managers oversee induction training for new-joiners, co-ordinating the provision equipment and ensuring that probation periods are managed
- Managing the Company’s performance management review process
- Working alongside managers ensuring that all employees have objectives set and reviewed
- Developing Managers to deliver high quality feedback
- Ensuring that the Company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Improving, implementing, and administering HR policies and procedures
- Giving managers pragmatic, commercial and compliant HR advice
- Developing and supporting managers to deal with challenging issues related to the employment and dismissal of staff
- Oversee staff attendance and absence monitoring
- Administration of employee-related paperwork
- Handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy manner
Compensation and benefits
- Reviewing pay structures and employee benefits, providing feedback on relative strength of our offering
- Provide detailed HR reports to the Senior Management team
- Willing to get involved in other projects within the business, which may occur from time to time, that fall within their capabilities
Essential attributes the successful candidate should possess
- CIPD Level 5 or above, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of HR policies, laws, and regulations
- Ability to prioritise and deliver timely work, excellent project management skills.
- Hard-working and able to direct yourself quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level. Ability to negotiate and mediate.
- solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Believes in the company’s aims and vision with strong internal customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
£65,000-£80,000 depending upon experience and knowledge, generous holiday allowance and benefits (pension, income protection, death in service and benefits platform). Relevant exam support after the successful completion of a probationary period.
...please send your CV to [email protected]