Institutional Investment Adviser
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to find fulfilment and meaning in the work that they do.
We are a successful LLP, with a number of offices in the South of England including London, Whiteley and Farnham. We are incredibly proud of our culture and work really hard to ensure that Saltus is a great place to work for our people, where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has now developed the financial planning side of the offering, putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £3.3 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
The role will report to one of the partners in our Asset Management business and the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Develop the overall sales strategy to help Saltus build traction in the Channel Islands in a meaningful way.
- Access and develop key relationships with investment consultants, trustees and small institutions.
- Work collaboratively with investment consultants and trustees to develop client-centric solutions.
- Co-ordinate and produce high-quality responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Lead and co-ordinate pitches to both ‘gatekeepers’ and end clients.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team to develop a strong understanding of our USPs.
- Assist the Asset Management team with positioning our offering for the trustee market.
- Work collaboratively with the relevant investment advisers to help business move through the pipeline effectively.
- Work with the marketing team to develop the necessary sales collateral for success.
- Look after a book focused on HNW clients and trust business
- Find the concept of outbound contact campaigns exciting and comfortable.
- Demonstrate an ability to be creative and considered in their approach to focus on long-term revenue generation for the business rather than short-term success.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in focusing on the trustee market and building a book of clients in this sector.
- Are CF30 authorised and have relevant investment qualifications – CFA preferred.
- Have a degree level education with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Have strong skills in using a CRM to aid their sales approach. Microsoft Dynamics or Curo experience is helpful but not required.
- Be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Be organised and able to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Be a team player.
- Value attention to detail.
- Take a critical approach and always look to learn and improve.
- Contribute to a fun environment in the workplace and the wider Saltus culture.
We’re incredibly flexible about where, when, and how you work: we don’t want anyone to be prevented from coming to work for Saltus as a result of the working pattern that they’re looking for. Ideally, you’d be able to be based out of our London office for two or three days each week, working the remainder of the week from home. You’ll also need to be able to travel to our other office locations, as required by the role. We are passionate about championing flexible working for our people, so if there’s a slightly different working pattern that you’re looking for, then please come and have a chat to us about it!
Salary range is £80-100kpa dependent on experience + uncapped formulaic bonus based on revenue generated, alongside 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection and a pension, alongside access to our flexible benefits platform. Just as importantly, you’ll get to experience our culture, which we really do live and breathe, ensuring that Saltus is a fantastic place to work for every single one of our 200 people. We work hard, but we have an awful lot of fun along the way. If you think you’d like to come and join us, then please do get in touch… we’d love to hear from you!
If you think you’d like to come and join us, then please do get in touch… we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV to [email protected]
...please send your CV to [email protected]