Junior Data Analyst
Introduction to Saltus
Saltus is a wealth management company with a heart and soul. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals in life through expert financial planning and sharp focused investment management. We have a fast moving, fast growing, dynamic and challenging culture but also one where everyone feels part of the team and where they can have fun.
We are looking for a junior data analyst to join our growing Data Team. Data is everything. Data is what supports strategic decision making. Data helps us understand our customers. Data allows automation and efficiencies. Being data-centric is one of our critical technology strategies. You will collaborate across departments and be extremely passionate about data will have a large impact on a growing team. This role will be based out of our Whiteley office; combined with arrangements of working a proportion of the working week remotely post COVID.
- Optimising and cleansing the firm’s decision-making data
- Turning business problems into data problems and demonstrate initiative by using existing data to solve real life problems
- Get involved in our business automation initiatives
- Cross departmental collaboration is key, we want someone who can work directly with other users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
Essential attributes the successful candidate should possess:
- A degree level qualification (2:1 or higher)
- Has a high level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Has high attention to detail and able to notice patterns and trends in data
- Thrives on problem solving and able to suggest solutions
- Can manage tasks simultaneously, be involved in exciting new projects whilst delivering work on time
- Can communicate effectively and be comfortable communicating ideas to people at all levels across the firm
- Can distil a complex problem into a workable solution and implement it
- Has gumption and drive to continuously learn and implement new skills and technologies on the fly
Desirable attributes the successful candidate could possess:
- Degree subjects in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths
- Experience using Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Experience working with relational databases
- Working in the financial industry
£30,000 – £35,000 – depending upon experience and knowledge, generous holiday allowance and benefits (pension, income protection, death in service and benefits platform). Relevant exam support after the successful completion of a probationary period.
...please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org