Saltus is a wealth management company with a heart and soul. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals in life through expert financial planning and sharp focused investment management. We have a fast moving, fast growing, dynamic and challenging culture but also one where everyone feels part of the team and where they can have fun.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our growing Data Team. Data is everything. Data is what supports strategic decision making. Data helps us understand our customers. Data allows automation and efficiencies. Being data-centric is one of our critical technology strategies. You will collaborate across departments and be extremely passionate about data will have a large impact on a growing team. This role will be based out of our Whiteley office; combined with arrangements of working a proportion of the working week remotely post COVID.
You will sit within the Data Team and work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company.
- Development and maintenance of our data warehouse (Azure Data Factory, SQL Server)
- Writing SQL views and stored procedures
- Assisting with Power BI development and maintenance
- Database modelling, development and optimisation
- Azure DevOps
- Requirements gathering from senior stakeholders
- Has a degree level qualification (2:1 or higher)
- Has a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change and take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Has experience in using PowerBI
- Has a strong command of SQL
- Thrives on problem solving and able to suggest solutions
- Can communicate effectively and be comfortable communicating ideas to people at all levels across the firm
- Can distil a complex problem into a workable solution and implement it
- Has gumption and strives to continuously learn and implement new skills and technologies on the fly. Can take an assignment and “run with it”.
- Has advanced Excel usage
- Working in the financial industry
- Experience with Azure, especially Azure Data Factory and Azure DevOps
- Previous coding experience
- API experience
Competitive remuneration package for the right candidate – generous holiday allowance and benefits (pension, Income protection, death in service and benefits platform). Relevant exam support and PMI, after the successful completion of a probationary period.
...please send your CV to [email protected]