We are looking for a high-calibre paraplanner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate must have top notch communication skills and be able to troubleshoot and process work in a timely and efficient manner.
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth, to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to find fulfilment and meaning in the work that they do. We have a number of offices in the South of England including London, Whiteley and Farnham.
We are incredibly proud of our culture and work really hard to ensure that Saltus is a great place to work for our people, where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is a privately owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has now developed the financial planning side of the offering, putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £3 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
Role and responsibilities
We are recruiting an experienced, high calibre Paraplanner, who can demonstrate a background of providing high level technical paraplanning including the production of cash flow models and high-quality suitability report.
The role will report to a paraplanning team leader, and the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Analyse client information and existing investments/policies
- Tax calculations
- Construct appropriate solutions for clients and make recommendations in conjunction with the advisers
- Write suitability reports for cases of varying complexity
- Run cashflow models for clients
- Be a point of contact for technical queries for CS and advisers
- Communicating with clients on research and report time scales
- Attend client meetings where required
- Helping to train other members of the team
- Potentially getting involved in some project work to further improve our systems and processes
- Leading Pod meetings
- Undertake peer reviews for the paraplanning team
Essential attributes the successful candidate should possess
The successful candidate will be confident dealing with HNW clients and professional connections and a natural problem solver. The role may suit an able career paraplanner who does not wish to be client facing but does want to be a key individual within a thriving business.
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and understanding of all financial products
- Be level 4 diploma qualified as a minimum and ideally working towards Chartered status
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a paraplanning role
- Have strong IT skills; experience of Curo, FE Analytics and Voyant advantageous
- Have a good attention to detail
- Be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Be organised and able to manage a busy workload
Where will I be working?
We are looking for someone to work from one of the following offices – Bristol, Whiteley, Farnham or St Albans, and offer hybrid working, which includes 2 days in the office, with the remainder at home. We’re incredibly flexible about when and how you work: we don’t want anyone to be prevented from coming to work for Saltus as a result of the working pattern that they’re looking for. We are passionate about championing flexible working for our people, so if there’s a slightly different working pattern that you’re looking for, then please come and have a chat to us about it!
What benefits do I get when working for Saltus?
The salary is £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience, alongside 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), life assurance, income protection and a pension, alongside access to our flexible benefits platform. Just as importantly, you’ll get to experience our culture, which we really do live and breathe ensuring that Saltus is a fantastic place to work for every single one of our 200 people. We work hard, but we have an awful lot of fun along the way. If you think you’d like to come and join us, then please do get in touch… we’d love to hear from you.
...please send your CV to [email protected]