Data Migration Associate
We are looking for a bright business analyst to join a team which is increasingly becoming Saltus’ “secret sauce” (in the words of our CEO!). You’ll be working within our diverse and specialised Replatforming Team, focused on enhancing and delivering our process for migrating clients from acquired firms to the Saltus Platform. Last year, the team produced over 2000 individual client reports covering over £700m of assets, and this year we expect to exceed £1bn. Day-to-day you’ll be leading strategic projects, working with suppliers and key stakeholders from across the business to realise synergies from our M&A pipeline. This is an opportunity to really add value, gain a wide-ranging exposure to the world of M&A in wealth management, and if you’re interested, can be a gateway to building an exciting career within Saltus Operations.
Our mission is to improve everyone’s relationship with their wealth: to make it a positive force for their future and at the same time to prevent it being a source of anxiety. We want everyone who works at Saltus to be proud to work here, and to find fulfilment and meaning in the work that they do.
We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with a number of offices in the South of England including London, Whiteley and Farnham. We are incredibly proud of our culture and work really hard to ensure that Saltus is a great place to work for our people, where they can have fun and grow in their career, with a passion for excellence and customer service.
Saltus is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions.
Saltus Partners was founded in 2004 and has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has now developed the financial planning side of the offering, putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
Today Saltus manages and advises on over £3 billion of client assets and is headquartered in Fareham, Hampshire.
Can you tell me more about the role?
You’ll be joining one of the most dynamic and strategically important teams in the business, supporting our firm’s focus on M&A as we seek to take advantage of unprecedented consolidation in the wealth management industry.
Once up to speed, you’ll be responsible for leading individual Migration projects, liaising with advisers from the ceding firms and teams from all across the business to deliver the best outcomes for our stakeholders. In doing so, you will gain a broad and varied exposure to the operations of a wealth management business from the outset, whilst also gaining valuable experience of M&A.
You’ll have a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Travelling to newly acquired firms around the UK to work with them to collate complex client data and support rapid turnaround for onboarding clients to the Saltus Platform
- Leading migration projects for these firms and being their key point of contact with Saltus Leadership.
- Applying business knowledge to the project environment including close collaboration with other teams to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are met
- Provide conceptual solutions to often complicated business problems and make recommendations for preferred solutions
- Understanding and defining existing and proposed states of all internal and external journeys to improve business processes
- Work with and maintain CRM systems to improve efficiency across the firm
- Use of quantitative skills to analyse large, complex data sets to support key initiatives
- Actively seeking ways of improving quality and efficiencies in procedures
What skills and experience do I need to have?
We think that the best candidate for this role will be:
- New graduate (with a minimum of a 2:1 degree from a leading university) or have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Financial Services/Management Consultancy
- An excellent communicator who is also down to earth and can work well in a team
- Someone with intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- Someone with a ‘growth mindset’, i.e. an appetite for testing yourself and using past mistakes as a springboard to keep improving
- A technology native who has applied experience with Microsoft Excel but who is comfortable applying that knowledge to other systems. Some experience of coding will be advantageous
- Organised, with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines, often autonomously
- An influencer with the ability to work with business stakeholders at all organisational levels
- An individual with the ability to form successful professional relationships, both internally and externally
Where will I be working?
We’re incredibly flexible about where, when and how you work: we don’t want anyone to be prevented from coming to work for Saltus as a result of the working pattern that they’re looking for. Ideally, you’d be able to be based out of our Whiteley or London office for two or three days each week, working the remainder of the week from home. Alternatively, you might work part of your working week from one of our other offices. We are passionate about championing flexible working for our people, so if there’s a slightly different working pattern that you’re looking for, then please come and have a chat to us about it!
What benefits do I get when working for Saltus?
You’ll get a salary of between £27,000 – £32,000, dependent on experience, alongside 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), study assistance, life assurance, income protection and a pension, alongside access to our flexible benefits platform. Just as importantly, you’ll get to experience our culture, which we really do live and breathe, ensuring that Saltus is a fantastic place to work for every single one of our 200 people. We work hard, but we have an awful lot of fun along the way. If you think you’d like to come and join us, then please do get in touch… we’d love to hear from you!
...please send your CV to [email protected]